Monday 7 March 2011

Whose Living Room Is This?

Several thousand years ago, we asked you, our readers, to identify a character's dinner as seen in a 1979 episode of The Street. That wasn't beyond you. So, today, we're going to ask you to identify a Street living room from the past. This pic dates back to the early 1990s, when I visited the Street a few times on the Granada Studios Tour, and the room was quite trendy at the time. Many of the trends represented were actually continuing from the 1980s.

The figure with the blanked out face is me - it's for the best, I know you all relish your sleep.

There's an absolutely mega-clue as to the location of this room... take a look, go to the comments, and let me know!

9 comments:

Chewy said...

No.13!

I could tell by the hatch lol

Scott said...

This is Kevin and Sally's living room when they stayed at Number 13. It used to be Hilda and Stan's. The biggest clue for me (other than the fact I recognised it instantly) was the serving hatch that Stan knocked through for Hilda years ago.

Scott said...

Also, the whicker shelves - they still have them in the current set.

Maria said...

It's the Websters' - they transformed it in 1988 after Hilda sold them the house - they modernised Stan's serving hatch, but it's still there!

Tvor said...

I think it's probably the Webster's. The clue being the "window" in the wall that the Oggies put in.

Anonymous said...

No. 13? When it belonged to Sally and Kevin, only because of the notable serving hatch.

Drew said...

Eee, lovies, you're all absolutely right! But that's no more than I'd expect from my readers. Flamin' brilliant!

Anonymous said...

kevin and sallys i think

Anonymous said...

It got to be Kevin's and Sally's living room when Hilda left it to them they left it in 2005 they stayed in no 13 coronation street I am the biggest coronation street fan a rather amazing pic to find and a good questions and answers on this blog post
Thanks
Corrie on
Nathan